Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Merry Christmas...and then some


What a month December has been. It seems winter has officially stopped in to visit.  With the rain we've had in Vegas and the drop in temperature I would definitely say it's official tank tops days are out of site and out of mind for a while...or maybe a week or two. :)  I must say though I have enjoyed the weather.  It made the days leading up to Christmas feel more winter like and thankfully the rain stopped just in time for Christmas day.   This Christmas felt a lot busier than last year.  With waiting until 3 days before Christmas to do my shopping and even doing the last finishing touches of shopping on Christmas Eve, waking up at 5am on Christmas Eve to drive up to Utah to surprise my gram cracker and ask her if she was feeling well enough to let us take her home with us so that she could spend Christmas with us this year instead of being alone, then of course late night wrapping of presents and glasses of wine, only to wake up a few hours later to open gifts.  Last but not least Christmas dinner at my step mom's mother's house, where we all get together and eat good food and karaoke.  I would have to say it was a very eventful few days, ending with waking up Sunday the 26th and making the drive back to Utah with my grandma and then driving back home that same day, I was ready for my weekend at that point, unfortunately my weekend was over.  So my hip young self is going to take this up coming weekend and relax with a glass of wine while ringing in the new year.  I know...you're totally jealous. ha

Well this month has sure flown by,  I had two awesome sessions this month.  One session was of a month old newborn named Tyler, he is absolutely precious.  My other session was of 4 beautiful women for their family portrait at Red Rock.  It was such a fun shoot, hiking and climbing on rocks to get the perfect angle.  I will be posting 2 up and coming blogs with images from both sessions.

In other news for Christmas I received new photography equipment. So awesome!







I am beyond excited for the new year to come along.  So far 2011 is looking promising and I am hoping that my business continues to grow and that I continue to build relationships with my awesome clients.  I am beyond grateful for all of the awesome opportunities I have been allowed to capture.  For new years I am trying to set more meaningful goals, I use to always make resolutions about losing weight, going on vacation, etc.  This year my resolutions are simple I want to attend church more on a regular basis, continue building my business, volunteer more at church, continue to produce great quality work for my clients and simply just continue to live my life in the moment and stop worrying so much about "what if."


Happy New Year Loves <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment