Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Fall is upon us...

As I sit here catching up on my blogging I find myself finally feeling as if the Fall Season is upon us. I'm bundled up in leggings, thigh high socks, a cozy sweater and my 25 calorie hot cocoa. That is what I call COM-FORT-ABLE!

Alright well October has definitely not been as busy as September but my definition of busy changes constantly. I've been finding balance among my schooling, my job, my photography, and my personal life (not doing so well in the personal life area ha!).

School has definitely kept me busy. I am currently taking a Sports/Entertainment Photography class and I am learning so much and I am thoroughly enjoying myself. My Professor is laid back yet he wants you to do well and wants you to understand why you are photographing whatever it might be however you might be doing it...does that make sense? Anyway, what I love about this class is even though we sit in a classroom once a week for at least 2 hours sometimes 3, we get to expand our learning outside of the classroom. My Professor books us "field trips" where he will have us show up to a certain event, and he gives us access to photograph that event so that we can learn what we should and shouldn't be doing. I love hands on learning. It keeps me motivated and it makes it a lot easier for me so that I don't procrastinate my assignments. (If you haven't figured it out yet...photographers are known for procrastination.)


Anyway other than school I haven't been too busy with sessions, I've definitely been booking a ton of up and coming sessions for the next few months. One of the sessions I did have this month was a family session of the Thibodeau Family. Absolutely hands down such a fun family. Holly and Mason have such beautiful children and are so laid back and down to earth. Their little boy Justice was an absolute GEM! I would call his name and he would look right at the camera and smile, I was in total shock. Especially because it is already hard enough sometimes to get a child to look at the camera, yet alone smile. Bella and Cruz are just complete hams for the camera. I had an absolute blast with them and I got some pretty awesome images.



Last but not least I have one last session before sadly October comes to an end. :( It is going to be another family session, and it's for The Schneck Family. I am super pumped to be able to photograph Jessica, Brandon and their handsome little boy Dallas. (I swear this kid is going to be a ladies man...he is so stinkin' cute!) So there will for sure be a post to come about my session with their cute little family.

Until then Peace & L♥ve

1 comment:

  1. We can't wait for you to photograph our family! You are an amazing photographer and we know the pictures will be beautiful! You are so lucky to be able to capture life's wonderful moments! You ROCK!

    ReplyDelete